Got an error yesterday while opening VI editor. it was giving an error of [Using Open Mode]. did some googling for it and found below solution. it worked. I donot know and have not tested if it works on other flavors of UNIX like solaris, linux, etc.
Message while opening VI
# vi /etc/rc.config.d/netconf
I don't know what kind of terminal you are on - all I have
Found some good questions on HP UX 11.31interview. My greed to learn UNIX is increasing day by day.
1. How to configure autofs in HP UX.
2. What are the services which we have to start after configuring AUTOFS.
3. What are the permissions and ownership required for NFS and AUTOFS file sharing?
4. How to create NPAR i.e. first VPAR?
5. How to assign resources to VPAR?
6. What is the minimum resource required to create a NPAR?
7. What is the minimum resource required to create a VPAR?
8. What is the process to boot an NPAR
9. How to boot a VPAR from other VPAR.
10. How to change the mode of VPAR to boot into NPAR.
11. Booting a system into NPAR/VPAR mode from EFI SHELL?
12. What is the significance of EFI SHELL?
13. Do we need to reset the NPAR before creating new NPAR? what is the command to reset NPAR configuration from EFI SHELL?
14. Can we assign resources on one VPAR from other VPAR? If Yes, then how and If not then why?
15. What is VPMON?
16. What is the Software name required for installing VPAR? In which OE version that software is available (BASE OE/VSE OE/DCOE)
17. What is the use of vparenv command?
18.What does VPARSTATUS -A?
19. How to boot cell and partition from MP console?
20. What is the DB file of VPAR and what is its location and its significance?
To find detailed view and reports of CPU, memory, disk utilization, file system usage, application, disk io, swap etc. there is very good utility in HP UX. I did it in HP UX 11.31, not aware of other version. need to check more on it.
EXTRACT utilty, which is making use of scopeux behind is very good extract utility. It can bring out report of more than a month.
Reading man page of extract can help you to choose multiple option for individual CPU or other parameter. We used the global option which brings detailed report. U can extract the same data in excel sheet and choose according to your requirement. And create graphs for your monthly report.
€ the configuration file for export is in /var/opt/perf/Parms
€ the services which need to be restarted are
#/opt/perf/bin/perfstat :- command to check the o/p of performance status #/sbin/init.d/ovpa stop # /sbin/init.d/ovpa start
The command to take out report one month is :-
#extract -xp -g -b today-30 -e today -f /tmp/reports.out -- to bring out 30 days report from current date.