For installation of SVN-INSTALLATION.
We need to do following steps.1. Java 1.6+ JRE/JDK must be installed.
2. Python 2.4 to 2.6 must be installed.
3. Chrome or Firefox or IE 8/9 or Safari has to be there.
4. Create a user with the name “csvn”.
5. Copy the below tar file from the running server or download it from TARMAC.
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 90859317 Jan 21 2013 CollabNetSubversionEdge-3.2.2_linux-x86_64.tar.gz
6. “Untar” this file using untar command and KINDLY UNTAR this file using only csvn user. Please do not untar it with root user. Please use the right TAR file, this should not be incomplete TAR file. Because it can cause failure in starting the CSVN. It also gives lot of error. So request you to get and use the correct TAR file.
7. after installing above mentioned packages. Please add below lines in .bash_profile file of User’s home.PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64:/home/csvn/csvn/bin
[root@ csvn]# cat .bash_profile
# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
# User specific environment and startup programs
Next step is to start the csvn.
[root@ bin]# pwd
[root@ bin]# ./csvn start
It will start and will guide to open localhost:3343/csvn on explorer.
You can open the webpage using XMANAGER and LAN (IP if the server) also.
Login using default credentials (admin:admin)
The page will open like below, please put http://
Now click the start button and svnedge page will be there. to start the Administration. Now SVN-EDGE admin can ask AD team to sync SVN-EDGE with AD authetication for login of autheticated users only. now depends on how big is your repository or how big it can be. according to that LV size can be demanded.